Branded Communications Resources
An added layer of caller identity technology
Make sure you know what it is so to leverage it best for your business
What is Rich Call Data?
Rich Call Data (RCD) are branded asset elements that you can add on to calling campaigns after numbers have been cleaned to add another layer of identity verification and to elevate your calls.
- Helps achieve instant recognition that reinforces trust in your brand
- Increase conversion rates and sales efficiency
Subject to device, carrier, and solution, there are different branded elements that you are able to add and manage for different campaigns
- The most widely available data field to present is Caller Name
- Limited Branded Experience: includes only a Caller Name
Full Branded Experience: includes Caller Name, Branded Logo, and a Custom Call Reason
introduction of branded calling capabilities
A Brief History of RCD
current reach and future impact
Reach, Impact, Benefits
- Cannot display Rich Call Data elements like logos
- Allows for Caller name information sourced from a CNAM database by the terminating carrier
- Call presentation depends on the device (iOS versus Android), downloaded applications, and subscriber network
- The percentage of this influence is based on the third-party branding partner for the wireless carrier, mobile application, and device
- Brands will be able to display the Caller Name for the call in the call history log
- 100% of iOS devices will receive the Caller Name from the AT&T network
- Apple is not supporting graphic RCD at this time
- Verified checkmark to be displayed in call history only
- ~85% of Android Devices will receive the Caller Name only from the network
- ~15% will received full graphics display through 3rd apps or phone dialer, such as Google Phone
- “Caller Verified” will be displayed based on device and carrier
Increase Contact Rates, Reduce Costs
Personalize & Protect Your Brand
Whether you're a bank trying to reach a customer about suspicious card activity, a university reaching out about student onboarding, or a pharmacy contacting patients about their prescription, ensure your calls are answered, reduce the number of missed appointments, and prevent missed opportunities.
Enhance your relationship with your customers and called parties by restoring trust in your brand with the recognition of your logo alongside the addition of tailored call reasons. Maintain control over how your company is represented and kept up-to-date via branded calling. For further peace of mind, engage in brand monitoring surveillance to ensure your brand won't be impersonated and your calls won't be spoofed via our partner, YouMail
other branded calling technologies utilizing rcd
STIR/SHAKEN vs. Out-of-Band
There are two pathways to extend a branded presence based on today's technologies.
The first is "Out-of-Band," which allows for the addition of rich call data elements such as logo and call reason to be added via a branded calling solution provider at an app or network level.
The second pathway is via STIR/SHAKEN, which can associate verified branded calling elements for display on a called party's device via RCD PASSporT
Seeing it in action
Proof of Concepts
STIR/SHAKEN Proof of Concept
Comcast, Everbridge, NetNumber, Numeracle, and Twilio demonstrated the first-ever telephone call with authenticated caller ID and rich call data, powered by the STIR/SHAKEN framework and protocols.
Using RCD PASSporT technology, this marked a milestone in protecting consumers from fraudulent robocalls and building greater trust and transparency for phone users.
Out-of-Band Proof of Concept
Numeracle and Avantive Solutions Help Businesses Achieve Instant Brand Recognition with Verified Calls by Google
A collaborative success of a partner initiative between Numeracle, Avantive Solutions
, and Google to enhance customer engagement and performance of outbound business calls utilizing Verified Calls by Google
Looking for more info?
Covering a variety of topics, Tuesday Talks aims to shed light & bring truth on emerging topics and new technologies, including RCD and branded calling. Check it out and register to stay up-to-date.
Our Insights Blog ranges by topic to help our readers understand the complexities of new technologies, the details of new regulations, and insights into new industry practices.
Analytics Engines Update Call Intent & Identity Display for Incoming Calls
It starts with an insight
Ready to take control of how your identity is presented to consumers?
Get a Quote